Vice President of Engineering
Exp: 15-20 yrs
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?The world is in the midst of a digital transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this rapidly digitizing world, Cloud applications that digitize and automate critical business processes enriched with data analytics and artificial intelligence are core to a company’s success. Financial operations such as treasury, trade finance, risk management and forex management are key levers to a company’s growth in this rapidly changing world. This is where we succeed by bringing leading capabilities to the finance and treasury organizations. We have a diversified customer base that spans across industry verticals including a who’s who of Indian corporates such as (examples – Maruti, Mahindra and Mahindra, Wipro etc.). That means that the work you do here has a broad, measurable impact on the businesses and communities that these customers represent.
Required Skills & Experiences
- 20+ years of managing a successful technical team, delivering a large-scale product and working with cross functional teams.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, implementing and running business applications on cloud in a SaaS model. Deep knowledge of architecting multi-tenancy, security, high performance and, highly available applications. Experience with managing cloud operations with standard operational and security certifications. Preferably in a Fintech or Financial/banking domain.
- Experience in evaluating technology vendors and developing a cohesive platform for building modern cloud applications is required. Understanding of API as a programming model, experience with developing and deploying scalable API is required.
- Experience in building ML models, ML pipelines and managing lifecycle of ML applications is highly desirable.
- 10+ years of hands-on and progressive experience in Windows applications development, MVC architecture and databases; including both at individual contributor and Engineering Leadership levels.
- Proven experience recruiting and building teams
- Excellent oral, written communication and executive presence
- A high degree of “ownership” – the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- Passion for collaborative development and support of quality hosted software services
- B Tech or M Tech in Computer Science or equivalent
- A deep understanding of Agile engineering process and methodology, including which parts of to use and when as teams scale
- Experience in delivering Enterprise software and SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Experience working on live enterprise-grade scale services in the cloud
- Understanding of deployment issues in a complex environment (security, networking, load balancers, service dependencies, conditional access, etc.)
- Security and compliance consciousness
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Your time will be spent in leading, growing and building software development teams. You are expected to up-level the team skills, encourage innovation and lay down development plan for the team.
- You will need to become very familiar with the market we operate in and problems the product addresses. Understand the challenges and limitations of the existing system. Demonstrate the ability to contribute to engineering roadmap and design discussions considering both of these.
- You will develop a solid understanding of the product and lead the development of a multi-tenant, scalable platform taking product to the next generation architecture. You would help transform the organization and software development process from delivering software only to enterprise software and cloud services.
- You are also expected to continue expanding the DevOps mindset in the team to help maintain the software services delivered by the team (developers own quality).
Day-to-day Activities Include
- Hiring, mentoring, motivating, retaining top talent to meet business requirements
- Lead daily management of priorities, trade-offs, risks and performance assessment
- Collaborate with Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, release, and support innovative and business critical apps.
- Participate actively in software design meetings to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code
- Obsess over quality in the code our team writes and the products we create
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Provide ongoing feedback and work with engineers on their professional development
- Build and maintain good working relationship with stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and help build a great team
Our management philosophy is to build a team culture that empowers technology experts to work autonomously without concern of undue management oversight. Leadership team is always there to coach, mentor & support you in all dimensions of work.
Job Location : Bangalore
How to Apply: Mail your resume with covering letter at email@example.com
Share This Job: